Individual Beef Pot Pie made with cooked roast beef and vegetables in a beef gravy; then topped with a buttery pie crust.
Whenever I think of Individual Beef Pot Pie (or Chicken Pot Pie), I think back to my childhood and those Swanson pot pies. We didn’t eat them often, but every now and then my mom would get some for those nights when there just wasn’t enough time to prepare dinner.
My sister and I loved them; along with those tv dinners and would fight over which dinner we would have based on the dessert inside. I haven’t purchased a frozen pot pie (or tv dinner for that matter) in a VERY long time, but every now and then I crave the all-in-one meal, especially on a busy night.
I had some leftover roast beef from our Sunday supper and decided to make these Individual Beef Pot Pies. The concept is the same as when I make chicken pot pie as I use frozen mixed vegetables and pre made pie crust to help speed the cooking process.
I prefer making them as individual servings versus an entire pie so that I can control how much I’m eating, but if you prefer to make yours that way, increase the recipe to 2 pie crusts (one on the bottom, one on the top) and adjust your cooking time accordingly. Serve these Individual Beef Pot Pies with a tossed salad and you have the perfect dinner. ~Enjoy!
Get my weekly newsletter for the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Individual Beef Pot Pie
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust Dough
- 2 c . Cooked Roast Beef, chopped
- 2 tbsp . Red Onion, chopped
- 2 c . Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 c . Fat Free Beef Broth
- 1 tsp . Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp . Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp . Cold Water
- All-Purpose Flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie crust dough on a lightly floured surface to make sure it's even; then using the top of the ramekins, cut out 4 circles. Set aside. (You may have to roll out the dough twice)
- In a large, nonstick saute pan add the roast beef, onions, vegetables, beef broth and rosemary. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat until it starts to come to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water; then add it to the beef and vegetables. Stir until the mixture is slightly thick and creamy.
- Divide the mixture into the four ramekins and place a pie crust circle on top of each ramekin.
- Place the ramekins on top of a baking sheet to avoid any spillage in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and puffed up.
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin’