These burgers made with ground chicken, Kalamata olives, Havarti cheese, garlic and fresh rosemary are healthy and super flavorful.
Grilling season is upon us and burgers are certainly a staple; especially during the Summer months. However, beef burgers can be a little heavy; which is why we like to mix it up and make chicken burgers like these made with Kalamata olives.
Some of our favorite recipes are made by substituting ground chicken or turkey for beef; which makes our meals a little healthier. You all seem to prefer it as well since this Italian Ground Chicken Pasta Skillet is one of the most popular recipes on the site to date!
How do you make Kalamata Olive Chicken Burgers?
For this recipe you'll need ground chicken, Kalamata olives, Havarti cheese, fresh rosemary, garlic and EVOO. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; then mix until well blended.
Can you make substitutions?
Yes! Here are a few suggestions:
You can eat these Kalamata Olive Chicken Burgers with or without the bun; we opted for without. However, adding a condiment like Sriracha Lime Aioli, Lemon Garlic Aioli, or Sun Dried Tomato Dijonaise would taste incredible as well. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Try these recipes too!
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Kalamata Olive Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 ounces Havarti cheese, diced in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; then mix until well blended. Divide the mixture into four portions; then flatten into burgers. Keep refrigerated until ready to grill.
- Heat the grill to a high temperature, add the burgers and cook until brown on one side; approximately 5 minutes. Next flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until golden on the other side. (Use a thermometer to ensure they are at least 165 degrees F and no longer pink internally).