This gluten free, low carb vegetable recipe for Lemon Pepper Roasted Asparagus is super easy and ready in 10 minutes.
I have to admit that I'm not a fan of asparagus; however, my husband and girls love it!
I usually just roast it with some garlic or add a bit of grated Parmesan cheese, but wanted to try something new.
Since my husband and I have been dieting, we've really simplified dinner a lot by using flavorful seasonings on our favorite meats, poultry and vegetables.
One of our favorites is lemon pepper seasoning. It really gives any food a lot of flavor and this Lemon Pepper Roasted Asparagus was no exception.
My family prefers asparagus to be on the "crunchy" side so this recipe took less than 15 minutes to make.
The following equipment is suggested:
Lemon Pepper Seasoning: There are several brands that make lemon pepper seasoning; with or without salt.
Find one that you like as some may have too much pepper or others may be too salty. We like McCormicks Perfect Pinch Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
Cooking Spray: Since we try to watch added calories, we prefer to use olive oil cooking spray, but you can use any type you prefer or even drizzle with your favorite oil instead.
Cooking asparagus is super easy and doesn't require a lot of prep work. Fresh asparagus usually comes banded together with rubber bands to hold the bundle together.
Start by cutting 1-inch off of the bottom of the thickest part of the stems, remove the rubber bands and rinse the bundle under cold water.
Dry the asparagus on a clean kitchen towel (or paper towel).
How do you make Lemon Pepper Roasted Asparagus?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prep the asparagus; then line them in a single layer on a sheet pan.
Spray the tops with cooking spray; then sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning on top.
Place the asparagus in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until the asparagus is bright green, pliable, yet still a bit firm.
Remove from the oven and serve.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Asparagus Recipes
- Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Ravioli with Asparagus in a Pink Cream Sauce
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Lemon Pepper Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut 1-inch off of the bottom of the thickest part of the stems, remove the rubber bands and rinse the bundle under cold water. Dry the asparagus on a clean kitchen towel (or paper towel).
- Line the asparagus in a single layer on a sheet pan; then spray the tops with cooking spray
- Sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning on top. Place the asparagus in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until the asparagus is bright green, pliable; yet still a bit firm. Remove from the oven and serve hot.