This recipe for Ravioli with Asparagus in a Pink Cream Sauce is delicious and so easy to make. It’s perfect for any special occasion or a weeknight meal.
Every once in a while, I’ll purchase some frozen ravioli or tortellini to keep on hand should I need to make a REALLY quick dinner. Let’s face it, contrary to popular belief, I don’t always have time to make a full meal every night just like the rest of you. 🙂
So having some ravioli (or other pasta) on hand along with a backup of homemade marinara sauce in the freezer is a must.
I whipped up this Ravioli with Asparagus in a Pink Cream Sauce last week as I was going to a tricky tray and needed to have something in the refrigerator that the family could heat and eat while I was gone. I like to add some sort of vegetable to my pasta dishes to give it some added nutrition and color so I steamed some fresh asparagus.
I also used fat free half & half mixed with my sauce to lighten it up a bit and the entire meal, including a tossed salad, was ready in less than 30 minutes. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 2 dz. Large Cheese Ravioli
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 c . Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 c . Fat Free Half and Half
- 1 tsp . Fresh Ground Red Pepper
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese, as desired
- Trim approximately 1" off of the bottom of the asparagus, place in a double boiler and steam in a covered pot until the asparagus turns bright green in color; approximately 2-3 minutes from when water starts to boil. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Cooking times will vary depending on whether you are using fresh or frozen. Drain and place the ravioli back into the pot.
- While the ravioli is cooking, cut the asparagus into 2" pieces.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic and asparagus. Saute for 1-2 minutes; then add the marinara sauce, half and half and red pepper. Mix well and allow to simmer 5-10 minutes (I usually let it cook until the ravioli is completely done).
- Add the sauce to the ravioli and mix well. Garnish with cheese as desired.
Calories 496, Fat 11.3g, Carbs 78.3g, Fiber 7.8g, Sugar 15.1g, Protein 20.9g
*Nutritional information provided by Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.