Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf made with extra lean ground turkey, sun dried tomatoes and grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Extra lean ground turkey or chicken has a very mild flavor so it’s a very versatile ingredient in recipes.
By adding the intense flavor of sun dried tomatoes to this meatloaf; you get a wonderfully flavorful meal that’s easy to prepare.
For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- extra lean ground turkey (99/1)
- diced sun dried tomatoes
- minced garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- dried basil
- grated pecorino romano cheese
- kosher salt
- black pepper
I prefer to use extra lean ground turkey; which means that there is only 1% fat. Other types contain up to 7% of fat, include the dark meat and can sometimes taste gamey; in my opinion.
You can also substitute ground chicken as it’s sometimes less expensive. I prefer to use fresh sun dried tomatoes or homemade packed in oil. If you use the ones found in oil, you can omit the extra EVOO from the recipe.
How do you make Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl; then mix together with clean hands until blended and form into a rectangle shape.
We love to serve this Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf with Creamy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans with Tomato and Garlic. This meatloaf delicious, gluten free and is ready in 45 minutes!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES!
More Meatloaf Recipes
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Meatloaf
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl; then mix together with clean hands until blended and form into a rectangle shape.
- Place the meatloaf in an oven safe baking dish; then cook 30-35 minutes or until the minimum internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the pan and slice into six pieces.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*Originally shared October 2011/Updated February 2022