Enjoy the flavors you love about chicken marsala in this Low Fat Chicken Marsala Rigatoni made with boneless chicken breast, mushrooms & Marsala wine.
Did you ever feel like making Chicken Marsala at home, but didn’t have the time; especially on a busy weeknight? Well now you can enjoy all of the flavors you love in one complete dish with this Low Fat Chicken Marsala Rigatoni.
The entire meal takes only 30 minutes to make from start to finish and by using a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and low fat, low sodium chicken broth instead of frying the chicken cutlets in butter and oil, you save approximately 12 grams of fat per serving (based on my recipe for Pork Marsala).
How do you make Chicken Marsala Rigatoni?
For this recipe I used the standard dry rigatoni; however, you can use whole wheat, whole grain, gluten free, frozen or homemade pasta. While the water is boiling simply saute your chicken pieces in a little olive oil; then add your mushrooms, garlic and parsley.
Next, add a small amount of flour to help thicken the sauce a bit, add your Marsala wine and chicken broth; then pour over your cooked pasta. I personally didn’t add any grated cheese on top of my serving; however, the family did and loved it (though they like cheese on just about anything!).
I will definitely be making this Low Fat Chicken Marsala Rigatoni again as it was so quick and easy! We served ours with a tossed salad and had a complete meal in 30 minutes. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, small to medium dice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- grated pecorino romano cheese, to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add your diced chicken. Saute until cooked through about 5 minutes; then add the mushrooms, garlic and parsley and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour; then add the wine and chicken broth; mix well. Allow to simmer over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta back to the pot; then add the chicken and mushroom mixture. Mix well.
- Portion your servings and garnish with grated cheese, if desired.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.