Homemade Peach Crisp made with fresh Summer peaches topped with an oatmeal streusel topping; then baked until hot and bubbly.
July, August and September is the heart of peach picking season here in NJ and let me tell you, they're beautiful this year. (Well, at least the markets I've been going to!)
They've been so plump and mouthwateringly juicy, I just had to eat one on it's own before I could even cut it up to make this Peach Crisp.
How do you make Peach Crisp?
I used the standard yellow skin peach variety, but feel free to try the white flesh or donut peaches if you'd like instead.
Besides peaches, you'll need oats, flour, brown sugar, white chocolate chips, butter, cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Add the mixture to an oven safe baking dish (I used a 9"x9"); then cover with the prepared topping.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the peaches have softened (I use the tip of a sharp knife and stick it into the mixture) and the top is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool.
This Peach Crisp recipe is another one of those easy recipes you can make last minute if you're in the mood for a little something sweet and even top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you wish. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook
For the Peach Crisp
For the Peach Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the peach in half around the pit. Remove the pit, peel and slice the peaches and add to a bowl.
- Add the cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon to the peaches and mix well.
- Add the mixture to an oven safe baking dish (I used a 9"x9"); then cover with the prepared topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the peaches have softened (I use the tip of a sharp knife and stick it into the mixture) and the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
For the Topping:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until it is a crumbly mixture.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.