Blueberry Crisp made with fresh blueberries, honey, lemon and vanilla extract; then topped with a buttery brown sugar, oat topping is delicious and so simple to make.
Most of the time when I think of making a crisp for dessert; which is a dessert of fruit baked with a crunchy topping of brown sugar, butter, and flour; my head automatically goes towards using apples.
You're probably wondering how one winds up with an "excessive amount of blueberries" and I can honestly say it's old age brain. 🙂 No really, we go through a LOT of produce in our house on a weekly basis so I'm always at our local farmers market.
Recently, I happened to make two trips in one week and completely forgot that I had already purchased blueberries that were on sale (2 pints for the price of 1) and I bought them again. What was I going to do with four pints of blueberries?
Now don't get me wrong, we do like blueberries, but there was no way we would be eating four pints of them before they went bad. Yes, I could have frozen the extras, but why would I want to do that when I could make a blueberry crisp for dessert instead? 🙂
How do I make Blueberry Crisp?
Crisps are so easy to make and are one of our favorite desserts. To make this recipe, you'll need to combine blueberries (I used fresh, but you can also use frozen), honey, vanilla extract and the zest and juice of one lemon in a bowl and mix well.
Add them to an oven safe baking dish (I used a 1qt); then it's time to make the topping.
Combine equal parts of flour, oats, brown sugar; then add melted butter, ground cinnamon and some white chocolate chips. Mix until the topping is crumbly; then add on top of the blueberry mixture.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 30 minutes and serve warm or cooled down.
If you're really going all out, add a scoop of your favorite ice cream when it's warm and this Blueberry Crisp will be your new favorite dessert. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the blueberries, honey, vanilla extract and the zest and juice of one lemon; mix well. Then, add the mixture to an oven safe baking dish (2qt)
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Mix until the topping is crumbly; then add on top of the blueberry mixture.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until the blueberries have softened and the crust is light brown. Serve warm or cool.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Try these other blueberry desserts:
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies from Recipe Critic
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from A Homemade Living
- Blueberry Jamboree from Six Sisters Stuff
Connect with me on Social Media