A Chocolate Mojito is fun twist on the classic mojito made with white crème de cacao, silver rum, lime juice and fresh mint.
For most of you, it's still cold outside. However, refreshing drinks like this Chocolate Mojito are the perfect reminder that warm weather will soon be on it's way!
With Super Bowl LVI coming up, I also wanted to share a fun, new cocktail recipe. After all, for many it's a day of eating not so healthy foods and imbibing while watching the big game.
Of course, some just like to watch for the commercials and halftime show and that's okay too. It's still a fun day to gather with friends and family.
What is a mojito?
A traditional Mojito is a cocktail that is believed to originate in Havana, Cuba. It's made with white rum, sugar lime juice, soda water and mint. The flavor combination is sweet, citrusy and minty.
With this version, we added a bit of chocolate liqueur to give it a fun, chocolatey mint flavor; similar to a Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie.
This Chocolate Mojito makes one cocktail, is deliciously refreshing and is a great way to utilize all of the mint we harvest each Summer.
- crème de cacao liqueur (preferably clear)
- fresh mint, washed and dried
- lime juice
- silver rum
- prepared simple syrup
- club sod
How do you make simple syrup?
To make simple syrup, combine ¼ cup of water and ¼ cup of granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved. Cool; then refrigerate for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
How do you make a Chocolate Mojito?
Combine crème de cacao, mint leaves, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mint or use the back of a spoon for 15 seconds until mint is very bruised and dark.
Next, add the rum and simple syrup; then fill shaker with ice. Cover, seal, and shake for 20-30 seconds.
Pour everything into a tall glass or large rocks glass. Top with club soda and garnish with fresh mint.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES!
More Cocktail Recipes
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
- 1 ounce crème de cacao liqueur (preferably clear)
- 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves ;divided, washed and dried
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces silver rum
- ½ ounce prepared and chilled simple syrup
- 3 ounces club soda
- Combine crème de cacao, 2 sprigs mint (approximately 16 leaves) , and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the mint or use the back of a spoon for 15 seconds until mint is very bruised and dark.
- Next, add the rum and simple syrup; then fill shaker with ice. Cover, seal, and shake for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour everything into a tall glass or large rocks glass. Top with club soda and garnish with a fresh mint sprig.