These homemade french fries are made with Russet potatoes that are tossed with grated Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; then roasted until crispy and golden brown.
My family loves homemade french fries; especially when fried in oil. However, for obvious reasons, we don't eat them very often because they're not very healthy.
I've made steak fries in the oven, but wanted to experiment with a new flavorful, easy recipe and made these Roasted Garlic Parmesan French Fries.
OMG they were AMAZING! These fries were super crispy with a ton of flavor and tasted fantastic with our grilled burgers.
- Baking Sheet
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowls
Potatoes: Any potato will do, but I chose to use Russet potatoes as they're higher in starch and contain less moisture. This results in crispy french fries. You can also use Yukon gold or fingerling, but adjust the cooking time so the potatoes don't become to soft.
Grated Parmesan Cheese: You can also use grated Pecorino Romano cheese or any other hard cheese like Asiago, Gruyere, Cotija or Manchego.
Olive Oil: My preferred brand is Bertoli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has a mild flavor that's versatile to use in cooking as well as in dressings or drizzled over Caprese Salad.
Garlic Powder: I chose to use garlic powder because I didn't want the bits of fresh garlic to burn, but still wanted the garlicky flavor.
Parsley: You can use fresh chopped parsley or dried parsley in this recipe.
Kosher Salt: I use Kosher salt in all of my cooking, but you can use regular table salt or sea salt as a substitution.
Black Pepper: Just a bit to bring out some heat in these french fries.
How do you make Roasted Garlic Parmesan French Fries?
Start by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F.
Peel the skins from the potatoes with a vegetable peeler, rinse under cold water; then cut them into ½-inch strips and place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the cheese, oil, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper; then mix until blended. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet; then roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes; turning halfway until the potatoes are light brown and crispy on the outside.
Remove from the oven and serve hot immediately with your favorite dipping sauce like ketchup or this lemon garlic aioli.
Burgers and fries go hand in hand, but these Roasted Garlic Parmesan French Fries would also taste great with Tuscan-Style Grilled Rib Eye Steak, Grilled Chicken Panini with Classic Pesto or Italian Breaded Pork Chops.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More French Fries Recipes
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Roasted Garlic Parmesan French Fries
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (approximately 6 medium)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel the skins from the potatoes with a vegetable peeler, rinse under cold water; then cut them into ½-inch strips and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper; then mix until blended. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet; then roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes; turning halfway until the potatoes are light brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Leave a Reply