Roasted Grape Tomato and Green Bean Salad tossed with red and green tomatoes, leeks and garlic in a light Lemon Basil Vinaigrette.
I’m getting closer to “D” Day or in my world Kitchen Demo Day and I’m trying to use up all of the items in my kitchen so that I don’t have to pack them up or give them away.
I created this recipe for Roasted Grape Tomato and Green Bean Salad because I didn’t have enough green beans to make as a side dish with a meal, so making a salad to have for lunch or to go along with a meal seemed like the next best thing.
My love for roasting everything and anything continues as these little grape tomatoes were bursting with flavor…literally!
Combine the tomatoes, garlic and leeks, add mixture to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst. Remove from oven and let cool.
How do you make the Roasted Tomato and Green Bean Salad?
While the tomatoes are roasting, steam your green beans and cool; then add them to a mixing bowl. Add your cooled tomato mixture and the vinaigrette; then mix well. Refrigerate for at least one hour. This salad makes four 1/2 cup servings. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Roasted Grape Tomato & Green Bean Salad in a Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 1/2 lb. Fresh Green Beans, trimmed and steamed al dente
- 1 c. Red Grape Tomatoes
- 1 c. Sunburst Golden Yellow Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Leek, rinsed well, chopped (white part only)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepared Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic and leeks, add mixture to a baking sheet and sprinkle with the oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, steam your green beans and cool, then add them to a bowl.
- Add your cooled tomato mixture and vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Vinaigrette
- Whisk all ingredients together until emulsified.