Indulge in the ultimate steak experience with this mouth-watering honey bourbon marinated grilled rib eye steak recipe. Perfect for steak lovers!
If you're a steak lover looking for a new recipe to try, look no further than this Honey Bourbon Marinated Grilled Rib Eye Steak.
With its sweet and savory flavors, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied. Follow these simple steps to create the ultimate steak experience in your own kitchen.
For this recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
Rib Eye Steak: When purchasing steaks, figure on ½-pound per person. This recipe serves 4 people and total weight was a little over 2-pounds. We like to use any leftovers for beef pot pie, soup or even on top of a tossed salad.
Bourbon: Bourbon is a type of whiskey and you'll only need a small amount. For a non-alcohol version, you can mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and light brown sugar.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Rosemary: Using fresh rosemary will emit the woodsy aromatic flavor and is always better in recipes than using dried.
Choose the right cut of meat.
When it comes to making the perfect steak, choosing the right cut of meat is crucial. For this recipe, we recommend using a rib eye steak; which is known for its marbling and tenderness.
Look for a steak that is at least one inch thick and has a good amount of fat running through it. This will help keep the steak juicy and flavorful during cooking.
Marinate the steak for maximum flavor.
To take your rib eye steak to the next level, marinating is key. We recommend this honey bourbon marinade that will add a sweet and smoky flavor to the meat.
Simply mix together the honey, bourbon, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place the steak in a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.
Seal the bag, massage the marinade into both sides of the meat; then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for maximum flavor.
When you're ready to cook, remove the steak from the marinade and discard the excess.
Preheat your grill or Oven
Before you start cooking your honey bourbon rib eye steak, it's important to preheat your grill to the right temperature.
Preheat your grill to high heat (around 450-500°F) and you can also oil the grates to prevent sticking.
If you're cooking these steaks in the oven, preheat your oven to 400°F. This will ensure that your steak cooks evenly and to the desired level of doneness.
Just listen to that sizzle!
Cook the steak to your desired level of doneness.
Cooking your honey bourbon rib eye steak to your desired level of doneness is crucial for a perfect steak experience.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. We prefer our steaks medium.
For other temperatures, follow these guidelines:
- Rare: cook until the internal temperature reaches 125°F
- Medium-Rare: cook until the internal temperature reaches 135°F
- Medium: cook until the internal temperature reaches 145°F
- Well-Done: cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°F
Let the steak rest before slicing and serving.
After cooking your honey bourbon rib eye steak, it’s important to let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak. Cover the steak with foil and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Steak tastes great with vegetables, side dishes like potatoes or risotto and even salads.
Some of our favorites include Garlic and Rosemary Twice Baked Potatoes, Roasted Garlic Parmesan French Fries, Balsamic Mushroom Risotto, Mushrooms Vittoria, Steakhouse Creamed Spinach, Italian Style Grilled Street Corn or Mediterranean Arugula Salad with Homemade Greek Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Grilled Steak Recipes
- Cajun Lime Grilled Rib Eye Steak
- Flank Steak with Spinach and Havarti
- Jack Daniels Marinated London Broil
- Soy-Ginger Grilled Flank Steak
- Tuscan-Style Grilled Rib Eye Steak
- Rib Eye Steak Sandwich
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Honey Bourbon Marinated Rib Eye Steak
- 2 pounds rib eye steak
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the honey, bourbon, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Combine the honey, bourbon, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the steak in a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag, massage the marinade into both sides of the meat; then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for maximum flavor.When you're ready to cook, remove the steak from the marinade and discard the excess.
- Preheat your grill to high heat (around 450-500°F) and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Cook the steaks to your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. (Rare 125°F, Medium-Rare 135°F, Medium 145°F, Well-Done 160°F)
- After the steaks are cooked, remove from the grill, cover the steak with foil and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Leave a Reply