Italian Meatloaf made with lean ground beef, basil, garlic, tomatoes, Pecorino Romano grated cheese and Italian breadcrumbs.
Are you noticing a theme lately? I have SO many tomatoes that I keep adding them to everything! And yes, I have made sauce with them already too, but they just keep multiplying!
For today’s recipe, I used some of my all-time favorite flavors and incorporated them into this meatloaf; however, if meatloaf isn’t your thing, you can make them into hamburger patties, meatballs or individual serving loaves like I did with the Feta & Sage Chicken Mini Meatloaf as well.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Italian Meatloaf made with lean ground beef, basil, garlic, tomatoes, Pecorino Romano grated cheese and Italian breadcrumbs. #beef #groundbeef #italian #meatloaf” quote=”Italian Meatloaf made with lean ground beef, basil, garlic, tomatoes, Pecorino Romano grated cheese and Italian breadcrumbs.”]
To make this Italian Meatloaf, combine extra lean ground beef (you could also use ground chicken or turkey), eggs, fresh oregano, basil, garlic, onion, tomatoes, Italian breadcrumbs and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Mix well; then form into a loaf and bake in an oven safe dish at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes until cooked through.
Easy right? This Italian Meatloaf was deliciously moist and flavorful, but then again, how could it not be with all of those fantastic flavors. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 lb. 95/5 Lean Ground Beef
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. Fresh Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. Red Onion, minced
- 1/4 c. Fresh Tomatoes, small dice
- 1/4 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. Italian Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Shape the mixture into a rectangle and place in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until proper internal temperature is reached.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Try these other meatloaf recipes too:
- Brown Sugar Meatloaf with Fox Valley Foodie
- My Favorite Meatloaf from The Pioneer Woman
- French Onion Soup Au Gratin Stuffed Meatloaf from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
*Originally shared September 2012/Updated June 2018