Let the crock pot do all the work in this flavorful Crock Pot Meatloaf made with lean ground beef, mushrooms and spices in at tomato based sauce.
Are you looking for a new meatloaf recipe you can make and let your crock pot do the cooking? Then this one is it! While speaking with a long time family friend recently, she told me about this meatloaf recipe that she got from her Italian mother in-law over 45 years ago.
I had just purchased some ground beef and wanted to give it a try, but the night I planned on making it we had some change in plans and I wouldn’t be home long enough to cook it on top of the stove.
She didn’t give me any quantities other than what ingredients were in it so I just had to eyeball it until it looked right to me.
How do you make Marilyn’s Crock Pot Meatloaf?
For this recipe you’ll need extra lean ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, an egg, Italian breadcrumbs, EVOO, sliced mushrooms, tomato paste, water and Kitchen Bouquet Kitchen; which is a browning and seasoning sauce.
Start by heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; then add the mushrooms and cook until they start to soften. While the mushrooms are cooking, add the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, egg, and breadcrumbs to a bowl.\Mix well then form into a rectangle shape. Place the meatloaf into your crock pot; then add the cooked mushrooms on top. In a separate small bowl, combine the tomato paste, water and kitchen bouquet; then add it to the crock pot. Cover with the lid; then cook on low 4-6 hours or warm 6-8 hours.
My family really enjoyed this meatloaf recipe. It was super moist and delicious. We served ours with green beans, egg noodles and a tossed garden salad. Thanks for a great recipe Marilyn! ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Marilyn's Crock Pot Meatloaf
- Heat oil in a nonstick saute pan, then add in the mushrooms. Cook until they start to soften.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, add the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, egg, and breadcrumbs to a bowl. Mix well then form into a rectangle shape.
- Place the meatloaf into your crock pot; then place the cooked mushrooms on top.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato paste, water and kitchen bouquet; then add it to the crock pot.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or warm 6-8 hours.