Looking for a new meatloaf recipe you can make and let your crock pot do the cooking? Then this one is it! While speaking with a long time family friend recently, she told me about this meatloaf recipe that she got from her Italian mother in-law over 45 years ago.
I had just purchased some ground beef and wanted to give it a try, but the night I planned on making it we had some change in plans and I wouldn’t be home long enough to cook it on top of the stove.
She didn’t give me any quantities other than what ingredients were in it so I just had to eyeball it until it looked right to me. I mixed all of the ingredients and put it in my crock pot instead and I have to say it was delicious and moist and everyone loved it.
I served mine with egg noodles, fresh green beans and a salad. Thanks for a great recipe Marilyn! <3 ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Marilyn's Crock Pot Meatloaf
- Heat oil in a nonstick saute pan, then add in the mushrooms. Cook until they start to soften.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, add the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, egg, and breadcrumbs to a bowl. Mix well then form into a rectangle shape.
- Place the meatloaf into your crock pot; then place the cooked mushrooms on top.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato paste, water and kitchen bouquet; then add it to the crock pot.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or warm 6-8 hours.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.