Pizza Meatloaf made with lean ground beef marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. Great for a tasty, quick weeknight meal!
You're probably thinking "What is Pizza Meatloaf?" Well at least that's what my oldest daughter asked when she first heard of it.
Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with names for my recipes, but this seemed to fit the best since it contains all of the makings for homemade pizza!
It's a new year and that means you either decide one of two things.
- Eat salad until it's coming out of your eyeballs
- Eat comfort food since you've been overindulging in either too sweet or overly "saucy" types of food.
I personally prefer a little bit of both, so dinner like this meatloaf fits the bill for a quick weeknight meal that will warm the soul.
How do you make Pizza Meatloaf?
I chose to use ground beef for this recipe, but this recipe can also be made with ground turkey or ground chicken. Mix the ground beef together with your favorite marinara sauce, fresh basil, and shredded mozzarella cheese; then bake.
Pair your meatloaf with some mashed potatoes and some roasted cauliflower and dinner is served. The family (especially the kids) really liked this recipe, I hope yours will too. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce ,divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ,divided
- ¼ cup italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, ½ cup marinara sauce, basil, ½ cup cheese and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Place in an oven safe baking dish and form into a rectangle; then top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked through to your liking with a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
The Best Homestyle Balsamic Meatloaf
Marilyn's Homestyle Crock Pot Meatloaf
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Leave a Reply