Pesto and Goat Cheese Crostini made with fresh basil pesto and crumbled Goat cheese is a deliciously flavorful appetizer.
I originally shared this recipe back in March 2013 under my Irish Bunco and Other Ideas for St. Patrick’s Day post, but wanted to give this Pesto and Goat Crostini it’s own page on the site; especially since New Year’s Eve is right around the corner.
Every year I make a whole host of appetizers for us to snack on while watching the New Year’s Eve countdown. We generally don’t have a large crowd. Just my husband, the girls and I and we watch movies, then switch over to see all of the festivities happening in Times Square.
I think I’ll be making this Pesto and Goat Cheese Crostini this year because it was so easy and quick to prepare and would make a perfect appetizer to help ring in the new year.
The combination of fresh basil and garlic paired with soft goat cheese and crunchy bread was exquisite. It will certainly impress your guests! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
For the Crostini
- 2 cups Fresh Basil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Crostini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the sliced bread on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and bake for approximately 3-5 minutes per side or until they are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Spread the prepared pesto (about 1 tbsp) on each toast round; then add the crumbled goat cheese.
For the Pesto
- Add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and cheese to your food processor or blender and pulse until all ingredients are combined.
- With the processor or blender running, gradually add the olive oil until it forms a thick paste. Makes approximately 1 cup.