These cajun seasoned baked chicken thighs are juicy on the inside and crisp on the outside. Perfect for a simple weeknight meal!
We eat a lot of chicken for dinner; mainly because we try to eat on the healthier side. Most of the time we eat boneless chicken breasts, turkey, whole or ground chicken, but baked thighs like this cajun flavor are a great option too.
Also, chicken thighs are usually less expensive which is helpful during times of inflation when everything else is so expensive!
There are so many flavor combinations too and some of my personal favorites are Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Baked Deviled Chicken Thighs and Pesto Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Olives.
You’ll love these Cajun Chicken Thighs because they’re so flavorful and juicy! They’re simple to make, serves four people, is ready in an hour and only has three ingredients.
For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
Melted Butter: I opted for salted butter, but you can use any other oil instead.
Chicken Thighs: We use bone-in, skin-on thighs and leave the skin on when cooking so it gets a crispy crust. However, you can use skinless chicken thighs, boneless thighs or boneless breasts in this recipe.
Watch your cooking time as boneless chicken will cook faster than pieces with the bone. As long as the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F, it will be cooked.
Cajun Seasoning: Cajun seasoning can be found already prepared in the spice aisle of your grocery store; which makes this dish economical. If you can’t find it, there are 9 herbs and spices needed to make homemade cajun seasoning.
How do you make Cajun Chicken Thighs?
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F; then add the chicken thighs to the baking dish (skin side up).
Combine the melted butter and cajun seasoning in a small bowl, mix; then baste the top of the chicken with the mixture using a pastry brush.
Cook 50-60 minutes until the crisp is crispy and golden brown and the internal temperature has reached 170 degrees F.
Since cajun seasoning has a spicy flavor, these vegetable and side dishes would go well with these chicken thighs:
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Ranch Baked Chicken Thighs
- Skillet Crack Keto Chicken Thighs
- Balsamic Apricot Glazed Chicken Thighs
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Baked Cajun Chicken Thighs
- 4- (6-ounce) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F; then add the chicken thighs to the baking dish (skin side up).
- Combine the melted butter and cajun seasoning in a small bowl, mix; then baste the top of the chicken with the mixture using a pastry brush.
- Cook 50-60 minutes until the crisp is crispy and golden brown and the internal temperature has reached 170 degrees F.