Grilled Chicken Tuscan Spring Mix Salad made with mixed greens, sun dried tomatoes and kalamata olives is healthy and delicious!
If you're in the mood for a fresh and healthy salad, this grilled chicken Tuscan spring mix salad is sure to satisfy.
With a mix of greens, sun dried tomatoes, and tender grilled chicken, this recipe is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Plus, it's easy to make and perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
This recipe is a great use for leftover grilled chicken, can be ready in about 15 minutes and is loaded with flavor. Just add your favorite salad dressing and you're ready for a delicious meal.
- Salad Spinner (these really help to remove all of the excess water making for crisper lettuce)
- Outdoor Grill (or indoor grill pan)
- Vegetable Brush
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Salad Bowl
Before you start making this delicious grilled chicken Tuscan spring mix salad, make sure you have all the necessary ingredients.
You'll need the following:
Spring Mix: This is a blend of different varieties of lettuce also known as Mesclun or Field Greens. The mix usually includes spinach, red leaf, oak leaf, frisée, radicchio, and green leaf. You could also substitute arugula or romaine.
Sun Dried Tomatoes: Use the fresh sun dried tomatoes; not the ones in oil.
English Cucumbers: We use English cucumbers in all of our salads because they're virtually seedless and you can eat the skins once they are scrubbed under warm water with a vegetable brush.
Kalamata Olives: Make sure you get the pitted kind which can be purchased whole or cut in half; either will work fine in this recipe.
Grilled Chicken: You can use fresh grilled chicken. For ease, you can also use refrigerated or frozen grilled chicken slices.
Shaved Parmesan: We love shaved Parmesan on top of our salad, but it can be a little costly. You can always leave it out or use another shaved sharp cheese like Asiago, Provolone, Fontina or a even crumbled Gorgonzola or Feta.
You can also add other ingredients like avocado, roasted red peppers or onions to customize your salad to your liking. Once you have all your ingredients, it's time to start assembling your salad!
Prepare the chicken
To prepare the chicken for your salad, start by seasoning it with salt and pepper. Then grill the chicken until it's cooked through and has a nice char on the outside.
You can use an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips. This will help keep the juices inside and make the chicken more tender.
Assemble the Tuscan Salad
Wash the spring mix lettuce in a salad spinner and drain excess water. Place the lettuce in a salad bowl; then top with diced sun dried tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, grilled chicken slices and shaved Parmesan cheese.
You can add your favorite dressing and toss the entire bowl or serve on individual plates so that everyone can add their own favorite salad dressing. Serve with these Mediterranean Monkey Bread Rolls or Italian Cornbread! ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Tuscan Recipes
- Chicken Contadina (Country Style Tuscan Chicken)
- Tuscan-Style Beef Brisket
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- White Bean Soup
- Braised Beef Short Ribs
- Grilled Rib Eye Steak
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Grilled Chicken Tuscan Salad
- Outdoor Grill (or indoor grill pan)
- 5 ounces spring mix
- ½ cup diced fresh sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup diced English cucumbers
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast (or leftover sliced grilled chicken)
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- prepared salad dressing (your choice)
- If not using leftover or already cooked chicken, you'll need to grill it first. Start by seasoning it with salt and pepper; then grill the chicken until it's cooked through and has a nice char on the outside. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips.
- Wash the spring mix lettuce in a salad spinner and drain excess water. Place the lettuce in a salad bowl; then top with diced sun dried tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, grilled chicken slices and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- You can add your favorite dressing and toss the entire bowl or serve on individual plates so that everyone can add their own favorite salad dressing.